Monday, July 2, 2012

Land of the Rising Sun

     This card uses a technique called masking,  Small sections are blocked off for inking in a pattern of your chose I chose the sun ray pattern to match my Oriental Kanji stamp set.  My colors are Bamboo, Honey, and Goldrush...all CTMH Exclusive Inks. Don't you think the combination has a slight metallic look?  One of the best experiences of my life was a 3 week educator's tour of Japan.  since that time I've loved the Japanese look, so I was thrilled when I was able to purchase the retired CTMH stamp set Kanji Phrases.  I've also included another card I made with this set.

EnJOY!



2 comments:

  1. Josie - do you have the retired stamps number and name? I WOULD LOVE TO FIND ONE!!!! I am big into the Japanese style and only have wood block style available. Thanks! (We should put a bug in CTMH ear that we'd like to see a new set including kanji!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is C1339, Kanji Phrases. I found it on a facebook site called CTMH Beg, Borrow, Buy, or Trade.

      Delete