Friday, December 7, 2012

It's a Buttercup Christmas!


Color Dare #21 - Buttercup


   This week's Color My Heart dare is simply Buttercup with black & white accents.  I decided to use 3 techniques. One is Cluster stamping as featured in this week's CTMH Clearly the Best technique video.  The 2nd is one of my favorites...triple stamping.   Third is heat embossing with CTMH pigment inks.
   For my 1st card I created a cluster using the large ornament from Ornamental Cheer (D1520) and a variety of snowflakes from Snow Flurries (D1384). I stamped on Buttercup card stock with White Daisy pigment, sprinkled with clear embossing powder, & used my heating tool.  I separated the layers with black cs.  As you can see, the white just didn't pop enough.
   So, I decided to try again. This time I used Buttercup pigment on Black cs. I chose to twist my layers & separate with White Daisy cs.  I'm still not happy with how the embossing turned out. The Buttercup color seemed to have been a bit lost. 
   Interesting try, however I just might have to enter a different card as well if time permits.  For now I must get ready for my 1st ever craft fair tomorrow morning.


1 comment:

  1. Neat idea, Josie. I like the colors of the first one. Thanks for joining us this week at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete